My 10-year-old grandson asked me the other day if I knew how to make the eggs that aren’t squishy inside. I had to think a minute if he meant hard boiled eggs. And he replied that those are the ones he was talking about. So I boiled him 6 eggs. When they were cold, he peeled them and proceeded to make deviled eggs. I was so proud of him for not only wanting to make something himself but also to prove how easy it is to do for any age! Here is my grandson’s recipe:
- Take 6 hard boiled eggs, peel them and wash them off under running water to make sure all the egg shells are gone.
- Dry eggs well with a paper towel.
- Place eggs on a paper plate and slice each one in half.
- Remove eggs yolks gently with a spoon and place in a medium size bowl.
- Smash egg yolks with a fork.
- Add desired amount of mayonnaise (he used Miracle Whip) and beat with a fork until light and fluffy.
- Fill each half of egg white with mayonnaise mixture.
- EAT and ENJOY!!
To learn the history of deviled eggs and read how they got their name, click here.